Friday, September 24, 2010

Hot flashes for Dummies by Sarah Mullally

The room spins, you feel slightly nauseous, your skin is on fire from the inside out and you feel like everyone can see the billions of sweat beads bursting on your face and neck.

Welcome to your hot flash.

I dress in layers. All the time. I can't wait for winter. But then occasionally right after a horrible hot flash I feel chilly and therefore need to put layers BACK ON. Fun times.

I accidentally misplaced an entire box of my Estradiol patches so was without a patch for about 5 days. (Insurance wouldn't cover another box until certain date). I thought I was going to die. I literally had the air conditioning on all the time (its been rather nice lately and certainly no need for the AC) and walked around naked half the time.

I've never been a huge "I need my caffeine" girl but what little caffeine I was putting into my body I have put the kibosh on. Hot flashes LOVE caffeine - they feed off caffeine. I have no problem switching to decaf tea, coffee and cutting down on my all-time guilty pleasure; the CHAI LATTE.

Have to go - I feel a fabulous flash comin' on.

No comments:

Post a Comment